STUCO Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and their responsibilities are as follows:
- Observe the school rules at all times.
- Be dressed appropriately at all times.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Be punctual for your duties.
- Maintain a perfect behavioral record.
- Be positive and enthusiastic.
- Be able to encourage and motivate fellow students.
- Be cooperative, helpful, well-mannered, trustworthy, and responsible.
- Be respectful toward teachers, your peers, and the school environment.
- Display leadership qualities: confidence, initiative, problem-solving skills.
- Be willing to take on extra responsibility.
- Be able to work independently and complete tasks without supervision.
- Maintain a good academic record.
- Be a good ambassador for the school.
- Dean is the face of Open Minds in all the events held at and by the school.
- Dean is required to address the assembly in all the events.
- A Dean leads the prefects. It is the duty of the Dean to ensure that the prefects are performing their duties well and take their suggestions and grievances.
- A Dean listens and takes down suggestions from the school's Student Council on the ways to improve the student experience at school. These can be related to discipline, academics or events.
- The Dean reports to the Principal.
- Vice Dean is the supportive counterpart of the Dean
- He/She needs to take constant update from the Dean and needs to be present in every meeting that invites the Dean.
- The Vice Dean is the second-in-hand and co-decision maker along with the Dean on matters concerning the betterment of the school.
- The Dean and the Vice Dean keep a vigil on how other prefects and students are in and out of the school. They ensure that grave concerns are attended to by reporting it to the principal.
Events @ Open Minds
Discipline Captain and Discipline Vice Captain
- The primary responsibility of the Discipline Captain and Vice Captain is to maintain Discipline at all times in the school premises and in the school bus.
- They are required to maintain a log of the defaulters.
- They are in-charge of checking the uniform, id cards, nails, etc.
- They need to ensure that students maintain a proper line when they walk as a class in the school premises.
- They need to ensure that every student at the premises communicates in English.
- They need to ensure discipline during breakfast and Lunch hours.
- They report to the Principal directly.
Cultural Captain and Vice Captain
- The Cultural Captain and Vice Captain's job entails the propagation of cultural events including and not limited to festivities in a non-biased and inoffensive fashion.
- They required to have the passion for cultural arts like dance and music.
- They need to conduct ice-breaking sessions to elevate the general mood during class events.
- They are required to assist with School board decorations with ideas that reflect our values and traditions.
- They will be spearheading every event that the school hosts.
- They report directly to the Principal.
Literary Captain and Vice Captain
- The job entitles spreading the passion for reading and adapting new thought processes to help discover a better version of the self in every student.
- They are required to have a passion for reading good books.
- They will be required to ensure that students are provided the books they wish to read by the school.
- They will have to come with a monthly write-up on the best reads in the world.
- They will be the core team to work on Echoes, the monthly school magazine.
- As part of the team with Echoes, they are required to collect write-ups, outstanding assignments, and projects etc. from the students and proofread the same before submitting it for Echoes. This work needs to be finished by the 25th of each month.
- They report directly to the Principal.
Community Service Captain and Vice Captain
- The primary responsibility of the Community Service Captain and Vice Captain is to promote community-based initiatives by the School.
- They need to assist in preparation of Slogans and Posters.
- They need to inspire empathy in the students by creating banners on community projects and holding meetings during the time allotted by the School.
- They need to be good counselors and must keep an eye out for the bullies and the bullied.
- They need to report directly to the Principal.
Sports Captain and Vice Captain
- The primary responsibility of a Sports Captain and the Vice Captain is to ensure that all Sports related requirements are met and utilized wisely by the students.
- They need to ensure that discipline is maintained during sports event and team spirits are kept sky high.
- They will represent the school in every inter-school sports events.
- They are required to lead the students during exercise and Yoga classes.
- They are required to spread awareness on Healthy habits to the students.
- They report directly to the principal.
Events @Open Minds
House Captains and Vice Captains
- They will lead their respective houses.
- They need to be fluent speakers to motivate their house students to outperform during IHCs.
- They need to ensure that their House students communicate in English and follow all discipline norms set by the school.
- They are required to assist the House Masters during Board Decoration and House meetings.
- They need to be such true leaders that their house students can look up to during difficulties.
- They report to their respective house masters.